Wednesday, April 11, 2012

One of those days..

Have you ever had one of those days that you just want it to be over?

Well, today is one of those days.  I honestly can say all I want to do is go home and take a nap.. maybe watch some tv by myself and cuddle with the puppies.  That's not what is going to happen.

Now don't get me wrong.. I love my baby girl Ella, and I love taking care of her and playing with her and all that.  But sometimes.. I'm driving home from work to get her or I'm going home and daddy has her and I miss my life before I had her.  I would never trade her for anything and I want her here.. but I miss the carelessness.. the uncertainty... the spontaneity of my day-to-day life of yesterdays. 

Then.. I kind of dread going home to change her.. feed her.. bathe her... etc..

And every time this happens (not really that often).. the second I see her all of it disappears!  I cannot wait to hold her .. to change her.. to feed her.. and bathe her!  I know it sounds bad at first.. but then you see your little one and life stops and you realize what you really want.

So to other parents out there who get this feeling of dread or nostalgia of the past.. just look at your child and I bet it makes you smile and forget you had a life without them!  And so people who are think this is why they haven't had children.. don't give it a second thought!  A baby is magical.. one noise or smile from them makes your day the best day!

Enjoy the day-to-day rituals of the now!

No comments:

Post a Comment