Thursday, April 5, 2012

Health and Exercise

Today is the second day of no soda.. and it is hard.. headache all day.  Oh well, it is better to not have any!  I just thought I'd share some of my health and exercise goals.. plus a little surprise at the end!

Health - food

I am trying to eat healthy and have Michael eat healthy.  This includes buying some organic vegetables, fruits, meat, and eggs.  It is more expensive, but I think it is important!  I want Ella to be healthy and to learn that it is not good to eat anything anytime you want.  If you want to help yourself stay fit and have a longer life, then eating well is necessary!  Plus, it can help to lose weight.  Here is my goal: eat some sort of vegetable or fruit at least 2 times a day.  Once I get in the habit.. I'll increase it.  I'm also trying to get Michael to.

Exercise - blah

I hate exercising.. no that's not quite right.. I hate sweating!  I have since I was little.  In fact, do you remember those 1-mile runs we had to do in elementary and middle school??  Well, I was smart enough to get out doing those runs from 5-8th grade!  I don't remember how, but I did it!  Not because I couldn't run.. hey I played soccer... but because I HATE sweating!  Anyway.. I am soo close to my prepregnancy weight that I HAVE to do something to help me along.  So I now use the treadmill and take Ella on walks at least 3 times a week.  Plus I have been doing some 'ab' workouts.  I should start Pilates or Yoga again.. I enjoy those, but those require a set time how many times a week and that is just difficult with a baby.  So here is my goal: walk/treadmill 3 times a week and 'ab' workout 6 days a week... then my REAL goal: lose 20lbs.  Yes, yes it is more than I need to in order to be at my prepregnancy weight.. but hey I was trying to lose weight before I got pregnant.. haha that didn't work!  But this time I'm determined because I hate being at my current weight.  And really I don't really care about the 'number' but rather how I feel when I look in the mirror.. thats good at least right?



 Ok... surprise!  Ella started rolling over yesterday!  She went from her back to her belly!!  then she got mad because she hates being on her belly.. but not the point!  This picture was taken as soon as she rolled all the way!  Sticking her head up high!  Also.. look how well shes sitting up on her own.. she fell as soon as I took the pic though haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment