Tuesday, May 1, 2012

What a day!

Well... it has been a LOOOOOOONG day... and I'm still not in bed at 10:51pm! 

Let me just start by giving some facts about the day
  • I barely saw Ella ALL day :(  I missed her dreadfully
  • I missed Michael's grandfathers visitation
  • I got up at 5:38am
  • My sister had a baby boy at 35 weeks
  • Michael went to Riverside.. jealous.. 
  • Ella had to have a babysitter for yet another night..
  • I'm tired
  • My new nephew is in the NICU
Phew!  That was longer than I expected...

So Saturday.. Michael's grandfather passed away.  It wasn't unexpected.. but it is the closest death to the family they've experienced yet.  (Yes, they are very lucky! I lost both grandfathers in 3rd grade and one grandmother in 10th grade.. plus a few random more)  The visitation was this afternoon in Lonetree.  His ENTIRE family is in town.. including his two brothers and their families who live out-of-state.  I was planning on going with him and everything.. until...

5:35am- wake up to Ella moving around.. back to bed..
5:38am- I hear vibrating and think who in the hell is calling Michael so early?  Hes not going in to work today! Then open my eyes and realize the light is on MY side of the bed.. Who the hell is calling ME at this hour?... oh crap its Dennis.. oh crap Sara must be in labor
5:45am- out to the door on way to UofI hospital
6:15am- talk to my mom who is also driving and I look down and realize I'm going... 90mph.. oops
6:30am- In the room!
3:15pm- Jacob Edward is here! :)
4:00pm- we go see Sara
5:00pm- we go see Jacob in the NICU.. hes soooo tiny.. 5lb 10oz and 18in long :) not bad at least
6:15pm- go to their condo to pack their bag
6:20pm- get lost in parking ramp.. seriously... I don't even know how
6:25pm- made a right instead of a left.. lost in Iowa City.. good job Liz
6:50pm- finally there
7:00pm- McDonalds for Dennis
7:20pm- Back at hospital.. but different parking ramp..
7:22pm- lost in hospital due to different parking ramp
7:28pm- back in room!
7:35pm- tell Sara to sleep and I FOLLOW my mom out and she takes me to the ramp and then I follow her out!.. No lost!!!
8:15pm- pick up Ella from sitters
8:45pm- home to hungry dogs who were not well behaved
9:00pm- screaming Ella because she is EXHAUSTED
10:00pm- Ella is sleeping.. now time to...... feed dogs, clean up mess, clean bottles, make bottles, change, wash face, take out contacts, eat dinner, get box from outside, clean diaper baby (Michael didn't shut a bottle all the way), let dogs out, call Michael see when he'll be home from Riverside, and finally RELAX
10:02pm- realize what the hell happened today and broke down .. such a stressful day
10:51pm- everything is done...

Tomorrow I get to go to a funeral, see my nephew in the NICU, see my sister, have Ella with me ALL DAY :) :) :) and hopefully read a little?

On a sort-of side note: I realized today how bitter I have been about Ella's delivery.  I was jealous of Sara being able to do it naturally (no c-section).  However, I'm so thankful Ella and I turned out so healthy.  Sara is doing great.. just a little sore and Jacob should be fine!  His lungs need a little help and he has an infection somewhere.  So.. Jacob has a breathing tube in his nose but it's not breathing for him.. just helping to get the air in there. does that make sense?  He has a feeding tube down mouth because not able to eat yet.  Is having sugar water due to low blood sugar level.  Finally, on antibiotics for at least 7 days due to the infection but his temperature is stable.  He should be fine.. but it is so scary being on this side of it.  I really cannot do a damn thing and it feels horrible. 

I'll try and post pictures soon!  My phone died while I was there.. therefore all the pictures I took are on another phone!

Well it is now 11:14pm and I am going to have some chocolate and then go to bed!

Have a safe and happy week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment