Thursday, May 10, 2012

Holy 4 years!

Today is our anniversary!

We married on May 10, 2008... that's 4 years!!!!!  It has went by sooo fast!

So instead of describing the day we got married or something like that.. I want to write a thank you note to my husband and partly to myself.

Michael, thank you for being with me first of all.  My life wouldn't be the same without you.  Thank you for the time you've spent with me and the future time we have together.  Thank you for forgiving me when I'm grumpy.. and yes bitchy.. and yes hormonal.. and for saying things I don't mean in the heat of the moment.  I've always hoped I would find someone who could take what I give out without a thought.. and still fight back when you know I'm wrong.  It takes a strong person to put with me and I know it is because we love each other.  So thank you for all you have always done to take care of me and our family.  

First it was just you, me and the dog.... and we lived in that tiny house on Grande Ave... I still remember hearing fireworks or gunshots about every other night.. ALL YEAR LONG!  Or remember the time your car got stolen because you left the keys in it and left it unlocked?  How about the time Max jumped out the car window to chase a rabbit you pointed out to him?  My favorite is cuddling on the couch or the bed with Max curled up between us :)

Then there was you, me, the dog, and the little dog.... oh how I didn't enjoy Fresco encroaching on Max's territory.. meaning me.  The longer he stayed with us the more attached I became.  Now he is my dog.. little buddy.. he literally is a little fox dog.  We live in my childhood home.. in a much better neighborhood.. and yet there are still those damned fireworks.  Remember moving here?  It took more than 4 truckloads to just clean out the basement closet of my dads things.. phew!  Remember when I came home from UNI one night and you had tore up the ceramic kitchen floor?  How about when Fresco got out because the door was left open?  We found him thank god.. we were both scared I know.  My favorite is still cuddling in bed with you and Max on my side at the foot of the bed and Fresco curled up next to me :)

Now there is you, me, the dog, the little dog, and our daughter... oh how my heart just sings when I think of her!  She is literally the best thing that we have.. no offense puppies.  She is the only thing that can get me out of bed in the middle of the night.. the early morning.. and no napping during the day.  She is both of us.  The older she gets the more she looks like you.. but I think she is closer to my personality.  She has the sweetest personality with the biggest stubborn streak I've ever seen.  She will let EVERYONE know when she is upset.. and when she's happy.. you better believe you will be too!  Now we are still in my childhood home.. but with all the rooms being used for something!  Remember when we put her nursery together?  It used to be the 'junk room'.. we didn't have just a drawer.  Remember when we brought her home.. we were so worried about the puppies.  Remember each time we took her to the doctor and she ALWAYS had gained a lot of weight!  Remember when you finally convinced me to put her in her crib to sleep.. and then a week later convinced me to come sleep in bed instead of her floor?  My favorite thing is STILL cuddling, now on the couch, with you at one end, Ella in my arms on the other end, Max in the middle, and Fresco curled up next to me :)

Thank you Michael for giving me the life we have!  Happy Anniversary!


P.S. We got married the day before Mother's Day.. and now I get to spend my first Mother's Day as a mother!  Oh wow... that sounds kinda scary :)

No comments:

Post a Comment