Wednesday, October 17, 2012

a classic


Title: Sons and Lovers
Author: D.H. Lawrence
Genre: ??? its a classic

I'm reading this book because I have a big pile of books to read.  It was on top.  I bought it several years ago at b&n and never got around to reading it...

I'm maybe a quarter the way through and its different.  I mean its a classic.. written in a different time/country so its kinda a difficult read for me, especially since its written how people talk.. so sometimes it takes me a couple tries before I realize what the sentence is.  I tend to read books fast so I skim parts and you can't do that with this because of the way its written.  I like to shake it up a bit and read things like this.  I figure it'll help with a lot of things?  Anyway.. check it out if you are looking for something older and a bit challenging..



No comments:

Post a Comment