Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Throwback Read

When I was a freshman in college I realized I loved to read.. and read I did!  Specifically I got into romance/mystery novels.  Technically they are romance books... but there is always a mystery in it and I don't like what some people think of them so I say romance/mystery.

Anyway.. the first one I ever read is this The Next Mrs. Blackthorne.  It got me hooked!


Title: The Next Mrs. Blackthorne
Author: Joan Johnston
Genre: Romance/Mystery

More info: http://www.joanjohnston.com/bookshelf/the-next-mrs-blackthorne/
                  http://www.fictiondb.com/author/joan-johnston~3886.htm
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_Johnston

Joan Johnston is an amazing writer!  She has a way of describing her characters and their stories that I get so enthralled everything disappears.  I have read basically every book she has written.. that I can find.  I look forward to her next book.  What I think I love most about her books is how interrelated they are!  She does mini-series.  So three books are alike.. but the next mini-series is related too somehow.. whether by one character who is a descendant of the last or is a friend of another.. anyway.. I love the depths she has gone to create this world.  The Bitter Creek Series is my favorite, but her other ones are great too!  So if you have never read a romance novel before.. give it a shot!  You might pleasantly surprised.. I was!

Now get to reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment