Sunday, July 1, 2012

missing those days..

I'm lying here in bed and I'm thinking sarcastically .. ok 7 hours of sleep here I come! 

My sister came to my mind. Jake is 2 months old and is sleeping 4 hours straight at night... Man 7 hours sounds good now.

I start to recall ella when we first brought her home.. me doped up on pain meds, crazy dogs who missed us, amazing husband helping me with unspeakable things, and little itty bitty ella.  A smile grows on my face as I remember. :)

What I don't remember and I blame it on pain meds is how we did the first several nights... I remember being on the couch with her and sleeping all cockeyed while she slept in my arms. I vaguely remember trying to get her to sleep in a bassinet. I don't remember Michael really... but I know he got up a lot. I don't remember getting up to get her food in the middle of the night .. and id expect to remember that since it hurt to get up. 

It's incredibly wonderful and scary what one remembers and what one doesn't. The good not the bad. The awe not the ew. The fun not the frustration. I understand how easy it can be to want another newborn... but even though I don't remember.. I have a sister to remind me!

Thank goodness for that! Otherwise we might have ten babies! Kidding kidding... but seriously ella was a great newborn. We got lucky. Now as an infant I guess we are even more lucky!

I'm going to go look at her one more time before I go to bed now :)

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment