Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Workin on it!

Habits are hard to break.. bad habits are even worse...

I have had this one bad habit for a long time off and on of course..

I'm almost ashamed to admit it.. but I bite my nails.  I did it when I was little...
then at like 6th grade I stopped!  I grew my nails out so long, my sister forced me to cut them. 

Then in high school I started again... and then when I was getting married in college.. I stopped!

After the wedding I moved back to Cedar Rapids and began driving to Cedar Falls about 4 times a week.. therefore.. I started again..

When I found out I was pregnant with miss Ella.. I stopped and my nails grew long again!

After she was born.. it was a lot of work to take care of her.. so they stayed at a decent length.

Once she wasn't quite so much work.. probably at like 8 weeks.. I started again...

There are at least 2 common denominators here... 1- big events got me to stop and 2- I start driving more when I start biting more.

You see.. I don't bite my nails because I'm nervous, I do it because I'm bored........... so when I drive and I have a hand free.. I bite.  When I'm holding Ella while she's sleeping... I bite.  When I'm reading a book and I have a hand free.. I bite.

 I cannot seem to stop.  But I'm trying to because its disgusting!  Yet.. I'm not being able to.  I have all my friends and family yell at me to stop if they see me do it because I don't even realize I'm doing it! It is quite frustrating! 

However... I think I have found a new weapon to defeat this bad habit... I recently found my Greek worry beads!  If you've ever been to Greece.. I'm sure you'd recognize these because they were EVERYWHERE when I went and they entertain me so well.

So.. while I'm driving or reading a book or doing something that only takes one hand.. I'm going to have my worry beads in the other... they are fun to use and seem to have been working the past couple days...

So sorry to have to inform you of my yucky bad habit that I've been fighting most my life... don't worry though.. I will win this war!

No comments:

Post a Comment