Thursday, June 21, 2012

Miss Ella

Yesterday..
Ella and I were on our way to her sitters and I look back at her and what do I see..

a big girl!  She was sitting in her car seat with a cup of juice in her hand looking out the window!  I couldn't believe it.  It hit me right then.. she's  growing up.  I actually called daddy and told him right then (which is rare since he doesn't normally answer) he answered though!  And he said "well she is a big girl!" 

... it reminded me of this one time.  I was at the post office buying my grandma some 'religious looking' stamps for christmas, so musta been around dec 23rd.  Ella wouldve been like 3 weeks old.  So I'm standing in line and one girl at the counter had a baby with her.  A boy and he was in his car seat, and he was grabbing and playing with some toys that were hooked to the carrier.  I remember thinking... wow I can't imagine Ella that old and able to do that.. at the same time thinking.. oh my gosh I can't wait for Ella to do that!  Now not only can she grab the toys and pull them off her carrier but she can hold her own cup of juice and look out the window!

I wish I couldve taken a picture because it was just one of those moments I want to remember forever.. I didn't though because I was driving :( 

I literally almost teared up when I saw here.  And I know, I know.. she really isn't that big and blah blah blah.. but no one can really imagine that reality hitting you until it does and it is at the most random times.

It didn't hit me when we had to put her in size 4!!!! diapers on Monday... it didn't hit me when she started to stand with very little support (holding on to furniture for a few seconds).. but when I saw her in that car seat yesterday.. it was like bam!  she is no longer a little baby girl newborn.. she is a big girl!  an infant!  a baby! who is almost 7 months old! she is growing up right before my eyes.. and I'm so worried that I'll miss it. 

She is working so very hard on crawling too!  I thought.. what the heck!  shes not old enough to crawl!  Yet every time someone from our family or a friend sees her and realizes she sits up on her own with no issue.. they go.. "oh i bet she is crawling all over the place" and then we say nope.  It's like people are amazed that she can sit so well but not crawl... give it time people!  I'm in no hurry to watch her grow up that quick.. however.. it has made me realize that Michael and I really really need to get on this baby proofing thing.. and figure out a way to keep the floor clear of the never ending white dog hair!

see her new trick though?  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment