Saturday, June 9, 2012

Sweet Potatoes!

Ella is loving her some sweet potatoes.  I've been making her 'solid' food myself and it is going great!  It's fun to do and quicker than I thought!

She really likes apple puree but is really enjoying this new taste and texture! 

Here's how I do it:


First: Buy a sweet potato... I bought organic and I only used half at first



Second: wash, peel, and dice it



Third: Bring water to boil.  I did about 3/4 cup water for half a sweet potato.  Add the chunks and boil for about 10ish minutes.



Fourth: Let cool.  Have all or most of the steam gone from sight.. but still warm to hot.



Fifth: Blend into puree or mash into puree.



Sixth: Feed to baby!





Warning: You will be finding sweet potato on the baby for the rest of the day.. no matter how good you think you cleaned the baby off!  I couldn't believe where I kept finding orange marks on her!

Enjoy feeding your baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment