Friday, June 15, 2012

Ready for a new read?

Game of Thrones!
 

Book Series Title: A Song of Ice and Fire
Book One: Game of Thrones
Author: George R. R. Martin
Genre: Fantasy

Apparently I'm all about the fantasy lately!  I don't know if its the thought of being in another world with crazy magic and crazy creatures or if its the idea of being in another time... such as with this book.  Not only are we in a completely different world.. with its own map.. but its in a time when you travel on horseback and fight with swords for a throne thats in a giant stone castle where people actually live.  There are ladies and sirs or in this book 'sers' that I'm sure where gorgeous clothes.  

This book and I'm assuming the series as well is great.  It is slightly different in the writing.. meaning.. each chapter is written from one person's perspective.  It can get irritating because I want to know what happens with that person.. but I have to wait to find out!  I already have my favorite people and stories.  

In case you didn't know.. there is a show on hbo based on the books.  I watched both seasons and is the reason I am reading it.  Forewarning.. if you've seen the show.. the characters are a tad younger in the book or so it seems.

Great great great writing though and an amazing story!  

Want to read more?

No comments:

Post a Comment