Monday, August 20, 2012

One eventful weekend!

We had a lovely weekend!  Starting off with a Kernels game Friday night!  Ellas first baseball game and our 2nd of the year.  We went with Michael's dad, sister, brother in law, and 2 nieces 1 nephew.  We got to be on the Mezzanine (sp?) and have all you can eat and drink!  The only time I really enjoy beer is at a baseball game :)  Got home by 9ish and Ella slept thru the night!!  She was EXHAUSTED! 

Saturday Michael had the day off and played in a softball tournament.  Ella and I went to their second game of the day.  It was fun!  It was a beautiful day and we love being outside!  Ella kept wanting to crawl all over the cement, rocks, and sand and eat every rock... luckily mommy was there so none actually made it to her mouth... we came home and left daddy to play some more and she took a big nap.. which meant I couldn't get much done.  We did go to hyvee with papa though. 

Saturday night I left baby girl and daddy to go to waterloo :)  haven't been there since like last summer!!  I can't believe how much it has changed and that its been 2 years since I graduated!  Miss Mattie was in town visiting so we met up at Kelseys house for the night!  We ate at Becks.. yummy.. got some movies and had some amazing frozen yogurt at some place I'd never heard of.  I got to play with Kels' puppies and itty bitty kitty .. loved it!! and seeing everyone was fun too!  This was the first night I wasn't there to put Ella to bed since shes had a bedtime... like 4-5months.  It was hard for me.. but she did great with daddy and daddy did great also.  And slept thru the night again!!! I got home at about 1215am... for some unknown reason I kept taking the wrong turn or missing my turns completely.. so a drive that should've been 45-50ish minutes was about 1.5hours...........

Sunday Ella and I hung out all day together and it was wonderful!  It also happened to be daddy/Michael's bday!!!  Happy birthday honey!  27.. phew hes old hehe...  he had to work however so it was mommy and ella.  He did have family dinner at night at his parents house.  His dad made beef stroganoff and better than sex cake delicious!!!!!  I had a HUGE piece.. I mean HUGE HUGE!  And I ate it all in like 5 minutes.  We got home at about 9 and Ella slept through the night again! yay!

The real excitement though happened on our way to dinner at his parents.... it was Ella and I and we were driving on the Marion by-pass and we turned onto east post rd and what happens?  a flipping deer runs into my car... literally ran into my car door... first accident with miss ella... scared me to death.  We were all ok.. well the deer didn't even make it off the road but the important ones are safe.  I couldn't believe it!  It was like... boom (I don't remember the noise).. then fur flying all over the car and on me (my window was down... and that I do remember).. then brakes and onto the shoulder... get out of my car with a slightly harder push than usual on my door.. and take out baby ella who was screaming bloody murder but as soon as I opened her door and she saw me she stopped pretty much.

There we have it... an eventful weekend to say the least... oh and sunday morning mattie got into an accident in cedar falls!  Someone failed to understand you can't do a U-Turn when there is a car driving right next to you.. she had to get a rental due to her car no longer drivable.. thank goodness mine still is.. I just have to get in on the passenger door..........

 It hit right by my tire and then proceeded to roll along side my car.. rather than go over or under it...

 See all that fur??  nothing compared to what came in my car...
We are good to go!! 

Hopefully the week will be just as fun as the weekend.. minus a deer dying..

No comments:

Post a Comment