Thursday, August 16, 2012

laundry, books, playtime

Laundry.. I actually enjoy doing the laundry.  It is just a kind of mundane task that doesn't take much thinking.  Ella likes it too.. in fact she prefers to unfold the clothes.  Well our washer/dryer is in the basement, which my husband and our families finished a couple years ago.  It is quite nice down there :)

If you've ever done laundry with a crawling baby then you probably realize you must have toys or something around to distract them for a few minutes.. so we keep a 'bucket' of toys in the basement.. along with three bookshelves, a treadmill, and some furniture..  so Ella plays with all of these... specifically she likes one our beer koozies and hitting it on the treadmill.  not sure why. 

Alas.. I like to read to Ella.. specifically I like to read her my books out loud while she plays.  So she plays while I switch the laundry.. she unfolds the laundry as I fold and refold it... then she gets bored and goes off to playing some more so I read out loud.

Currently we are reading a rather hopefully will get better book.  We only read it when we are downstairs so randomly we will find a daddy long legs spider on it.. yuck!  So this book is called The Book of the Heart  By Louisa Young.  I picked it up close to two years ago at a cheap book store.  Looks interesting.. I mean the cover is full of art!  Well it begins by going through the times of the world and their understanding and development of knowledge of the heart and its workings.. currently the subject is how the heart actually works and what can go wrong with it.. using medical terms .. which is beyond my reading aloud ability but I make do. 



This is one way we make sure we read and it makes it a little easier to read the books I realize too late I don't really want.. I'm sure this one will get better.. just have to get past all the big words :)

Sometimes we have to be creative and we certainly enjoy our laundry, books, and playtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment