Monday, August 6, 2012

a little summer review

Apparently I have been busy this summer.. with one thing in particular.. reading! 

Ella and I were organizing/cleaning our guest room/storage room this past weekend and I looked at my bookshelves and realized what a complete mess they are!  The reason being I haven't put any of the books I've read/bought this summer away.  They are just sitting there in front of other books.  I hate this.  I like to keep all my books so I can look at them anytime and reference if need be.  If I can't see them all then how can I do either of those!

Therefore I started putting away the books.. then realized how many there were.  So I stacked up the majority of.. some I had lent out and did not have and other were around the house or at work... but after I stacked them up I realized that I have read around 30 books since May.  Each book has at least 300 pages.. most have close to 500. 

I realize people may think that I have too much time on my hands, but I assure you I haven't been reading my summer away... I am in fact a mother of an 8month old crawler.  I rarely read at home and when I do its after Ella goes to bed and it is a very short time because I tend to spend it with my husband and going to bed early.  Since my boss was on vacation for most of July I was able to read then.. which tells me that we were very slow that month.  It happens though. 

I happen to be a fast reader... and some of the books are romance/mystery/fantasy books with which I tend to skim paragraphs .... other books have been very challenging.. and others have hit home to some of my hopes and fears. 

I am impressed with myself and love of reading.  I hope Ella will have the same joy I do with books.

I just love looking at this pile and realizing it wasn't even all of them!  I can't wait to add more to my list.. see how many I can read by the end of August.. which to me is the end of summer. 

Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment