Monday, September 10, 2012

Another weekend gone by

We had a lovely little weekend.  Miss Ella and I spent a lot of time with papa and shopping!  Not that we got any clothes.. which I would love.. but rather to places like walmart, halfprice books, hyvee, and menards.  groceries, miscellaneous items, books, and flowers!  we had lunch at wendys one day and burger king the other... not the best but hey.. i love my spicy nuggets with honey mustard from wendys :)  cannot get enough! 

we went to coralville to visit my sister and see her 4 month old baby boy!  he is so adorable.  ella loves to crawl to him and try to pull him to her... doesn't normally go well but she'll learn.  my sister also has cats.. ella is rarely around cats due to her daddy being allergic :(  but man did she like these cats.  too bad they are older ones who are rather mean.  they swatted her a couple times with their paws that are declawed but she just laughed and laughed when they did it!  couldn't believe it.. fearless little girl.

when we went to the bookstore i got three books for myself and two for ella.  She has so many farm and jungle animal books that I decided to get her a sea animal book!  It also has flaps she can lift.  I love buying her books!  it makes me so happy!  daddy on the other hand says.. don't you think she has enough books and you should wait to buy any more until she can understand them.. i said how do you think she'll learn to understand them!? silly daddy..

speaking of books.. my dad (ella's papa) is re-doing his 'library' and the floor and bookshelves are 'supposed' to go in this week!  we'll see... but if they do then that means we get to go through ALL of my dads books!  He is a collector like me.. but his are better since he buys books that are old and possibly worth something and he won't read.  I rather read what I buy so I don't buy as many that are old.. besides.. i'll pry get his when he dies.. which he better never do.  I'm so excited to go through his books though because he kept all my old books from when I was little.. so say 17 and younger.  I remember some of them and I want to read them to Ella!  I'll keep you updated!

one kinda bad thing about this weekend?  miss ella refusing to nap.  She got up at about 630 each day and saturday she took an hour nap in the morning and went to bed at 7pm and sunday took a 45minute nap in the afternoon and went to bed at 730.  this is not usual.. shes home with daddy today though and it sounds like hes having better luck than I did.............................
............... want to know why she wasn't napping then and is now? her dada says its because shes with him.. and i'll let him think that i suppose.. but really its because she got another tooth!!  I don't even know how many she has now.. either 4 or 5.. she won't let me feel.. but I know she has the two on top and the two on bottom... ps. she doesn't do well with teething..

on another note.. i cannot wait for a new phone...

have a wonderful night!  it sure is beautiful here!

No comments:

Post a Comment