Friday, November 30, 2012

my thoughts on Ella turning 1

I've been putting off a new post for awhile now.  I couldn't figure out why.  I mean nothing is really happening that has me busy, so to speak.  I've had plenty to say.. but for some reason I haven't done it.  I realized why yesterday or rather last night at about 11pm as I was trying to sleep but failing miserably....

everything I would say was about Ella's impending first birthday.  I was/am so excited it went well and hopefully the party will go well tomorrow as well.. but each time I thought I would do a post, and it definitely was about Ella in some way, I would shy away.  That's because as happy and excited and proud I am to be her mama and to watch her grow.... shes growing!  It makes me kinda sad; I almost tear up just thinking about it.  She's no longer my little baby who smiles and giggles at me as I gaze into her eyes as she fits perfectly in the crook of my arm.... she's my walking/trying to run almost toddler who laughs out loud and says hi to anybody and refuses to let me hold her unless its bedtime.  It amazes me so see how much she really has changed. 

I haven't written my monthly note yet also and probably for the same reason and probably because I don't want michael to see me sobbing while doing it... he makes fun of me enough for crying at tv shows :)

But even though I was sort of ignoring it.. it happened!  Time doesn't stop because we want our babies to stay babies.  She is now one year old and one day... almost to the hour.  I wondered if I would pick this back up after her birthday.. I hoped I would and look!  The next day I felt the need to type to express myself... to let go of this uneasy sad feeling of her turning one.  Who knows if this is normal or not.. oddly and unlike me enough.. I don't care.  It's how I feel and that's that. 

But Oh my gosh!  She had so much fun yesterday!!  Pictures will follow soon.  But she had a mini chocolate cupcake that she literally gobbled up and tried to steal mine... :)  she loved the gifts her mama and dada got her and she had a blast in the bathtub!  She even tried to take her diaper off and climb in on her own!  Silly girl :)  To top it off she's been sleeping great at night.. her gift to us?

We all look forward to tomorrow when ALL of both of our families will come together in our little home to help celebrate this little girls first year :) :)

Have a very happy happy weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment